Sunday, March 22, 2009

I Saved This Why??

As I'm a pack rat by nature I have gathered many things over the years. Some before and many after Joel and my 40 years of marriage.

Our daughter and grandchildren are moving in with us and we are going to redo our attic into a sleeping loft for them. There is plenty of room up there and is has a floor already and you can stand upright so that is a good thing. The worst thing was all the things I have put up there the 10 years I have lived here and the things that were put up there when we moved here and never got unpacked. We we had a lot of help one Saturday from the youth at our church unloading everything except my holiday things, they are still going to have to live in the attic but in a closet. We also had a storage unit we rented for extra stuff from our garage and things I move from my sister's when she passed away I could not part with.

Heather I thought it would be good to take everything to her house she is moving out of and is just behind ours and we would do a inside garage sale. Well everything got moved there and youth being the mover's there was no order to it and we were all just getting over being sick with all the cold stuff and could still not do a lot they did all the moving and placing of everything.

Well we have started the sorting of all the years of saving and it's not pretty. I told my daughter that if I ever look like I'm going to put a bunch of stuff like, papers, cards etc in a box and save it to slit my throat. I spent an evening going thru boxes and still have more to go. Amazing to look at some stuff and wonder why you saved it must have been a reason at one time. Have found some great finds however and will blog more about those later, must go start on the stuff, we plan on having our sale next week-end.

1 comment:

Susan said...

My mom and dad are the same way. They have been going through there stuff very slowly and she tell me the same thing. Don't let me get like this again. Thanks for sharing it helps me understand my parents aren't the only one's like this. I begin to see myself do it an di just have to stop and say do I really need to save this?