Monday, July 21, 2008

The beginning of my Journey

My journey began in Alameda, CA where I was born. I was born to very loving parent's and already had a sister she was 4 years older than I. After I was born there came 2 brothers.

Growing up at the time I did was very easy. We played outside with out worry from our parents about something happening to us. Those were wonderful memories, playing in the neighborhood with all the kids, taking family vacations and always having one of my parents home with us.

I grew up in a home without a christian up bring. I always believed in God and went to many different church's growing up. always with friends or to the one by where we lived I could walk to. It's not that my parents were against us going it was just not something that they did. My father had enough of it growing up from his stepfather. Sadly we never did discuss church in our house and don't really know what they believed or didn't believe in. Funny as you get older and no longer have your parents what you would give to be with them one more day for all the questions you think of as you get older. It bothers me that they may not end up in heaven, they were wonderful people and I can only hope they came to terms with there savior before they passed on.

I went to high school and meet someone that was as I thought the love of my life. I married when I was seventeen. That lasted 5 years. Went to work for a factory and meet my sole mate Joel there. We married in 1969 and have been together 39 years. We had a wonderful baby girl about a year later and life was good.

We both worked and raised our daughter with the help of baby sitters unfortunately. We had great times though, many nice vacations and wonderful memories with her grandparents and cousins. When time came for us to retire we knew where we wanted to be, Red Oak was my mothers home town and we had spend many vacations here. In 1998 I moved back and 6 months later Joel joined me. We where very thankful our daughter loved it as well and being a single parent it was a great place for her to raise her children. She came 1 1/2 years before we did and started her life.

We are very glad we made the move, it has been an adventure, much different than living in CA. We also have become Christians since moving here. That has been a wonderful and always growing adventure always seeking and trying to be still and listen. Not easy when you have always made all the choices yourself. But I will continue to try and be still for his direction

11 comments:

Heather said...

Mom!!!!

I am SOOO proud of YOU! I can't believe your an official 'blogger':)

I can't wait to read more! I love you to the Moon and Back!

Tanya said...

I love to hear about people's testimonies. I believe that if you were not christian, your testimony would of been alot different. Welcome to the blog world, can not wait to hear more. Love ya from Tanya

Susan said...

What a wonderful adventure your life has been. Thank you for sharing with all of us and letting us know who you are. Can't wait to read more about your Journey

Samantha said...

MIMIESSSSSSSS You Rock my Soxs! I mean seriously How many grandmothers in the world blog and Myspace??? Not many! I liked reading your blog today...I LOVE U!
Sam

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Great to see you bloggin! What an adventure life is! I can't wait to hear more of yours!

Carol said...

I came over from your daughter's blog. I am tickled to know you are blogging now! I just started in the spring, and it can become addictive!!

Thanks for sharing your story...I love to read about the journey others have been on, and what God is doing in their lives.

What a privilege you have to live, not only in the same town as your daughter and granddaughters, but if I understand it correctly...you live behind each other. How convenient is that?!! Not many families can say that!

Please keep on sharing. I'll be watching for new posts!

Robin said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! I came over from Heather's blog! You have an incredible daughter and even though I've never her met her I feel like I know and love her. You did a great job!

Heather said...

@Robin- AWWWW. I love you, too:)

@Tanya, Susan, Lori, and Carol- Thanks for stopping by to welcome my mom! Love you gals!!!

Sharon said...

Thank you every one for visiting
my blog site. Not always sure what I'll be rambling about but do enjoy going to everyones blog and reading.This is going to be quite fun, thanks again,

Sharon said...

Robin, thank you for visiting my blog. Also thank you for the wonderful comments about Heather, I'm so very proud of her and the wonderful person she is. God has truly blessed my with her and the grandchildren she is bringing them up well.

Robin said...

jI'm looking forward to reading your blog and getting to know you.